Thursday, January 25, 2007

My somebody


We all need a somebody. This is Robert Burn's yearning poem, it's a bit romantic, but then so am I. It's Burns' birthday, I hope your haggis, tatties and neeps slip down a treat. McSweens of Edinburgh make the best haggis without a shadow of doubt.

My heart is sair - I dare na tell,
My heart is sair for Somebody;
I could wake a winter night
For the sake o' Somebody.
O-hon! for Somebody!
O-hey! for Somebody!
I could range the world around,
For the sake o' Somebody.

Ye Powers that smile on virtuous love,
O, sweetly smile on Somebody!
Frae ilka danger keep him free,
And send me safe my Somebody!
O-hon! for Somebody!
O-hey! for Somebody!
I wad do-what wad I not?
For the sake o'somebody

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Haggis - about to barf (g)
My hub was born in Scotland
he doesn't like it either
however I do love that poem.

your new camera lens looks like fun. I too am out and about all the time with our dogs - should take the camera.

BTW congrats on your story in Jason's content. super!

7:20 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Anna. Haggis is very much an acquired taste, but I must admit I do like it, even the veggie version.

Yes take the camera, it's amazing what you spot, and you notice so much more.

Thanks on the Jason thing, I need to come up with a stronger ending I think.

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home