Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yucky Day


Wet, cold and miserable here. I spent the morning in the kitchen, made pumpkin soup, with a little chilli for heat, and minced lamb, with aubergine, onion, tomatoes and cumin for dinner.

Son is up and about, and his eye is looking good. Yesterday he had a low grade headache, and we worried that his eye pressure was up again, but his headache passed and he was fine. (Think he skipped breakfast, and that wouldn't have helped.) It's hard to get things back into balance again after suh a scare.

Nothing to photograph outside, so I brought in some of the skeletons of my Chinese lanterns to photograph on the table. This is one of the shots. Not entirely happy with it, tiny things matter in such close-up shots.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

It looks both fragile and voluptuous. Clever girl!

8:58 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good news on the Son front! I do like your chinese lantern. Back from the wilds again and ready to write up a report, great fun was had by all.

9:29 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Jason. I'm still getting used to using remore release, and even the tiniest shake of the tripod matters. I need to look into a better quick release plate, present one gets loose too quickly.

Thanks Pat, that fat seed capsule is like a beacon!

That's great Barabara, glad your trip went well. Son is now milking things, but it's hard to be cross when I see him well again.

11:24 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Been catching up here, what a busy time you've had. That soccer ball in the eye, your poor son! But it's amazing what technology and doctors can do these days.

2:24 am  
Blogger Colin Will said...

Glad to hear your son is getting better. I love the Physalis photo - must talk to you some time about photography. I've been taking some more shots of Amisfield recently, and I've put one up on my blog.

9:13 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Colin. I'll go and have a look at your picture!

11:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home