Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Christmas present to self

I decided to get my own Christmas present this year, and it's on its way. A Lensbaby 3G

It's a quirky wee lens with a sweet spot that throws everything surrounding it into a blur. It's not easy to use, all the focusing is manual, but I'm looking forward to getting some really different shots with it. I got the macro kit too,so it's a birthday cum Christmas present, and they are the best kind! It feels like a bright spot, something to look forward to.

I'm spring cleaning my hard drives, burning old files to CD and then deleting them. Doing a few folders each morning, and it feels very righteous.

I laughed today hearing the Helen Mirren has scooped Golden Globes for playing the Queen, apparently the Daily Mail has a cartoon of the Queen on the phone saying, "They're making a film about Helen Mirren and they want me to play her...."

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You certainly deserve a present after all you've been through recently and earlier.

Don Paterson does sound like a good idea - I'll hunt him out at the library. I've read his poetry, but not his prose.

Congratulations on the prizes - well done.

Glad your son's eye is on the mend. All because of a soccer ball? Soccer has always seemed so safe to me - compared to rugby anyway.

6:31 am  
Blogger Pat said...

Well done! Everybody should treat themselves from time to time.
I met Helen back stage once when she was in the same play as the actor I had nursed as a little boy. He told me she was admired in the acting profession (all those years ago) for always being totally secure on stage. A rarity it seemed.
I have got the Gromit connection. I'm just a bit slow:)

7:11 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

CB The book is a series of aphorisms. I like it a lot, especially one at the end where he says that the others were maybe only true in the moment he wrote them. I wish I'd said that about things in my book.

Pat, she looks like the sort of person who would be rock solid and sure of herself. I love her high Russian cheekbones. Who was the actor?

12:18 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

As I have written about him as a child and also his family I don't feel I have the right to name him. Hope you understand.

8:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home