Monday, November 27, 2006

Home!


Had a lovely weekend. We swam a lot in the hotel pool, and used the steam room and sauna. It was all very relaxing. I took the camera, but didn't get a chance to take many shots as it's difficult to play around with tripods and things when you're with people. But this is Queen's View on Loch Tummel, named after Queen Victoria visited it during one of her progresses around the Highlands.

Got the car back today. Had a few problems initially as the brakes had got soaked and they were binding when I started it up. But after I put it into reverse and move around a bit they cleared. Glad it sorted itself before I took to the bypass!

Colin Will gave me a name check on his blog and mentioned the book which is kind. He's done the Nielsen Book Data for me, which means the book will be available on Amazon shortly, about a week I think, although I don't expect to be knocked down in the rush!

I had a coffee today, and I wish I hadn't. I rarely drink it now and I feel a bit 'zoomy'. I hope it wears off soon as I don't really like the sensation. Funny because in a past life I used to run on the bloody stuff, that and chocolate, which I also gave up after my illness.

Also want to wish Joanne, a breast cancer friend, good luck for 30th of November. Joanne lives in Canada, but is travelling to the world renowned Sloan Kettring hospital in NY for a second opinion after suffering a second recurrence of her cancer. I hope the visit gives her some peace of mind in what must be a very difficult situation.

I've yet to grasp the Christmas nettle. In fact I don't really intend to. I'm going to make a Christmas cake tomorrow, and order the turkey, but I'm not going overboard with anything else. Son and nieces and nephews are all of an age when cash is welcome and the rest of us are past bothering much with presents. Will cook a nice meal and enjoy Boxing Day, which is my favourite with turkey broth and everyone making their own personal variation on the turkey sandwich!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

That photograph! What's good enough for Vicki's good enough for me. Fingers crossed for your friend.

11:23 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

I knew I'd forgotten something - can you drink decaff? I do all the time. Well at least twice a day.

11:25 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

No I just gave it up altogether as I think it's more than just the caffeine. The adrenal gland produces oestrogen and coffee and chocolate both stimulate the gland and my cancer is highly suceptible to the hormone - I was 'chemopaused' by the treatment, but the body still produces oestrogen via the adrenal gland and fat cells, so I watch my weight too.

11:45 pm  
Blogger Colin Will said...

Love the photo. There's something about winter scenes that's really special.

5:25 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Colin. the light was going, so the left side is a bit too dark. I've got bracketed exposurees, so may layer them to try and balance up the shot.

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home