Monday, July 03, 2006

Typical!

Sun is blistering down elsewhere in the UK, but we have thunderstorms and rain.
Last night great sheets of lightening light up the sky, I was worried it might hit some of the old beech trees over the road. And the poor dog was a complete basket case - well actually that wrong, he was more of a bed case, as he jumped up beside me and took over three quarters of my side of the bed, he knows not to mess with my husband's side, and then proceeded to shake profusely for the rest of the night.

Needless to say I'm feeling a little whacked today. My son is home, it's the first day of the summer holidays here, and he's not happy as it's too wet and thundery to golf. My suggestions about looking for gainful summer employment are so far falling on deaf ears!

Saturday was fun as I went to a big party thrown by friends, and we all watched the England\Portugal match. We were even kind to the few poor English souls who were there. (One of them had a hooter, but he was so dejected he hardly used it.)

Although at the end, when the drinks had kicked in, a few were rather naughty as they sent up loud chorus of "Scolari", he's the Portugal manager, sung to the tune of "Volare".

Then we all watched young Murray do his thing, which was just amazing. I just hope he keeps it going today.

Better go, don't want to have the pc on while these storms continue as we may get a power surge.

PS Well he didn't keep it going did he? He needs a coach, he was all over the place mentally in the first set. Very disappointing, if I were Roddick I'd be well pissed off at going out to someone who fails to perform in the next round. It's as if he can only function when he knows what to expect of the opposition. Ah the tender age of 19, he's a real man child!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home