Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Finger licking bad!


DIY on the shed was a reasonable success apart from the fact that I sawed my left thumb. The saw tooth broke completely through the nail so there was blood everywhere. I ran it under the tap and today it is better, although still a bit tender, but it wasn't as bad as the time I drop the iron on my big toe, that bled under the nail, and was one of the most painful things I've ever done to myself. I ended up having to go to casualty on a Saturday night, where they cauterised the nail, to let the blood spurt out, by heating up a paper clip in a flame 'til it glowed red and then plunging it through the nail!

Needless to say 6 student nurses got to watch, while the senior nurse told them it was one of her favourite procedures!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AAAGGGHHH! You poor thing

Reminds me of the time I planed the top a finger off in an electric planer. I then fainted in the nurses arms... what a wuss!

I'd rather have babies any day.

5:28 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Ouch!! That sounds awful. My husband faints at the sight of blood, but only his own.

Not sure I'd agree on the babies unless there's a lot of drugs on offer, lol!

11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home