Saturday, June 17, 2006

Blogging and work and the Queen's birthday honours

Interesting article in yesterday's Glasgow Herald about how blogging is the current area of concern re employees accessing the internet, apparently its taken over from accessing the wrong type of website at work and abusing e-mail. Indeed some employees blogs included less than flattering material about their employers and/or bosses. One blog in the States, written by an air stewardess (is that the pc name?), was ostensibly about a fictitious airline, the only problem being that the blogger posted a picture of herself in her Delta airlines uniform - oops!

The article also said that in the UK 80,000 blogs a week are being created - no wonder the the system is creaking then! I think the World Cup is also be having a bearing on the net at the mo, loads of people busily uploading pictures with captions like "and this is me vomiting at the Reich Stag!"

I won't go into the merits of the Queen's Birthday honours, other than to say it strikes me as odd to get all hot under the collar about global warming and then knight the head of a low cost airline. But the best laugh I had was my husband's response to the honour for the 96 year old Welsh chip shop owner, who has been selling fish and chips for 68 years. How laudable! All my husband said was "I hope she's changed the fat!" Which made me spit laugh over my morning tea. Here's the BBC link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home