Thursday, June 22, 2006

Am I the only only who can't stand Gordon Brown?

I promised I wouldn't get political on this blog. But the New Labour leadership thing is really annoying me. It strikes me that GB will say whatever it takes to get the PM job. I wonder if he made yesterday's speech with his fingers crossed behind his back. If he's got to be a clone of Tony before Tony will stand aside what's the point - you might as well have the real one! At least that way they'd get slaughtered at the polls. Though who else one would vote for God alone knows.

I'm so scunnered with New Labour,those of us who lived through Thatcherism in all its awful glory had such hopes for this shower, but they have disaapointed at every turn. They simply cannot deliver on anything, other than low inflation, which is down to the Bank of England anyway, and is only supported by the fact that everyone lives on tick. They've just tinkered at the margins. I truly think that we've entered a phase in this country where there's actually nobody left who knows how to govern. They must think we're stupid with their targets and sound bite solutions. Life is incredibly complex, sometimes I wish they would just admit that.

Phew that feels better!!

N. is back from her trip to the islands of the west coast. Her brother is over from Spain and they took off for a few days. The crossing was awful as we've had really high winds these last few days. But I think speaking in Spanish has done her good, I think it must be very hard to think in a second language all the time, especially when your dealing with life and death issues. She's in no pain just now, but goes back to hospital next month for another MRI to see what the spinal tumour is up to.

I'm getting ready to go away tomorrow, so much to check, working gear, boots etc and camera equipment, memory cards to clear, batteries to charge etc, and food to buy and prepare, hay fever tablets to remember.......... At least the forecast is better for the weekend.

I also posted off my test calibration shots to the plant photographic library so I hope they will display well on their monitors. I really need a much more expensive LCD monitor, but I can't afford it just now.

Better get on I've lots to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home