Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blackbirds have flown the nest

Came back from my trip to find they had fledged. I had a peep at them on Friday before I left and they looked like they'd gone fairly soon. So I've taken out the old broken window and fitted the new piece of "glass". It's a bit of a Heath Robinson affair, but it will keep the wild life out, and today I'm going to buy some timber to make a better job of it.
I also called the council on their extortionate "premium line" and arranged for them to pick up the old frame and some other bits of rubbish out of the shed.

The weekend was good, though hard work. My friend B really enjoyed the experience and the peace. On Saturday night, after work, we walked the coastal path to Dunottar Castle, it was magical, sea, cliffs and the castle. It was light 'til almost midnight, and the sun then rose again at 3.00am.

Heard from my friend in Canada, she is one of a group of women I got to know when I was first diagnosed with cancer, we all used the same information/support site.
I'm still in touch with a few of these women - although it's like other tough situations in life, when you deal with something really difficult it is often hard not to associate the person with the bad time and sometimes it becomes easier for all concerned not continue certain friendship - especially as we all seem to recover our equilibrium at different rates.

Anyway Joanne is dealing with her cancer for a third time, this is her blog

She's hoping to come over here in the autumn, after chemo. I hope she makes it as it would be really great to see her.

Better get lunch and then off to the DIY store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home