Sunday, July 09, 2006

Baby shoot went really well

I must admit I was really nervous, it's hard going into a new environment when you're not sure how good the light will be, what the people will be like etc, etc. But the couple were lovely and the flat was ideal, big white painted room with a large bay window facing north-west onto a park. The baby was a wee boy of three months, and we timed my arrival to match his lively time, although he'd woken early that morning, but I still got some great shots before he got fractious. But the best thing was that his Mum fed him at the end of the shoot and he then fell asleep on her breast and I took a few more quick shots, one of which is just stunning, he's wee fast asleep face and all I caught of his mother is her mouth smiling down at him in the top right hand corner of the frame.

It is such a smile of love. The shot looks amazing in black and white. I think it will be a lovely picture to have when he's older. I find it scary thinking you're helping to create people's family memories. I really like photographing people, but I hate the pre-match nerves, I could never do weddings!

BTW the "fee" for the shoot is going to my friend's McMillan Nurses charity fund raiser.

4 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i'm glad to hear the shoot went well for you. i'm sure the pics were beautiful. new borns w/ their mothers are always exquisite (esp. in the lighting you described).

11:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that will be so special!

8:26 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hi - IThank you for your comment on my blog - i have enjoyed reading your entries very much. I am going to bookmark your blog so that I can keep reading!

9:59 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. I'm just doing some test prints to check the colours. I've had my monitor professionally calibrated, but it knocks on to printing, so I'm gettimg some external test prints done to check that they'll print well on any printer.

I sent the mother an e-mail of the picture I described and she loved it. I'm really pleased as sometimes I'm not certain that my own taste will be appreciated by others.

Hi Chiefbiscuit, thanks for dropping by, nice to see you here.

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home