Monday, January 29, 2007

Celtic Connections

I had really hoped to get through to Glasgow to see some of this year's festival, but my son's accident put pay to my hopes as I didn't want to buy tickets that I couldn't use.

But I've been living it vicariously instead, as I watched the Karine Polwart concert on a BBC podcast, and yesterday's Glasgow Herald had a great CD which has tracks from Dick Gaughan, Eddi Reader, Kate Rusby, Idlewild and Mary Chapin Carpenter (MCC) on it. I must admit I'm really sad I didn't get to see MCC, I really love her song writing, but I'll have to console myself with her new album which is out in early March. Roseanne Cash is also playing at CC, and she's someone else I'd love to have seen. And then there's Seth Lakeman, BTW his EP, Seth Lakeman:Live on i-tunes is great value. I really love the White Hare track. Well the list is endless, but no point in being miserable about it, maybe next year........

(Oh and another great buy on i-tunes is the album Indoor Picnic Vol 2, it's a various artists thing, but it has lots of unusual stuff on it by people I've never heard of and again it's at a good price.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Maybe next time? it's always good to have something to look forward to.

6:34 am  
Blogger Pat said...

You do seem to be blessed with the Arts where you live.

10:18 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes we are lucky to be so rich in the arts. One of the good aspects of devolution I think.

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home