Friday, October 16, 2009

Poems and things



I have a couple of things that have just been published on-line.

Two poems here at the amazing la fovea. Read their manifesto, it is a really interesting new way of getting work out there. And big thank you to Holly Anderson for suggesting me.

And one here at Mungbeing


Yesterday I had a perfect autumn day with two fairly new friends. I showed them round my garden and was amazed that they were amazed at my gardening knowledge, which I tend to just accept as normal and everyday. I then took them to one of my favourite beaches, which is a sort of open secret here in East Lothian. It has a castle on a cliff, a tiny harbor hewn out of solid rock and the Bass Rock off shore. It's the sort of place you could imagine Enid Blyton basing a Famous Five book on.

I'm also quietly developing my obsession with huts with the aid of this site, Shedworking, which it devoted to all things small and temporary. Sometimes I think I missed my calling in life........

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Always busy - you - and so modest about what you know! Congrats on all the work getting out there, it's good to see it when it's done, isn't it?

6:54 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I found this post SO inspiring. Love la fovea and your poems in it and in Mungbeing are breathtaking (as in causing a sharp intake of breath!)
I agree, huts are a good way to look at the world from. (We used to make lots of huts when we were kids ...)

2:06 am  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Anna, I very much like the opening line of your poem:
I will seek the finest mole-riddled loam

And now you've got me interested in the history of butterfly netting to boot.

5:01 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Lovely poetry. Really enjoyed reading it.
And now I want to look up Sheds!

8:15 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all, it is nice to get such kind comments from people whose work I admire.

12:47 pm  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

When we go ale drinking together, Anna, the first ale's on me!

10:35 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Love the poems - so you.
Wasn't Nabokov a butterfly chaser?

10:47 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

thanks Pat - and yes Nabokov was an entomologist. Wiki says he never accepted the theory of genetics though!

R have you got any gluten free beer? I'm trying to live without gluten just now, having found out that I've become intolerant since chemo.

11:18 am  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Gluten free, you say? Can be done! I've been trying to convert someone I know here to the church of Bier, and she can't tolerate gluten. So I'll be brewing my first gluten-free batch early in 2010.

12:51 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Include me then......... :)

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home