Monday, September 21, 2009

Saving the best 'til last


I love September. today a friend and I walk in the Lammermuirs, where we spotted grouse and a bunch of guinea fowl that have gone native. Then we called in at the Pleasance to see the work I'd been involved in there and picked the last of the mulberries, as they were quite literally falling off the trees in front of our eyes.

This is a set of photos from my own garden, where things are really starting to colour up. Not a lot else to report on the Apprentice front, but sometimes it is good to just stop and stare.

8 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Oh, I loved the collage! It's really wonderful when you click on it and you can really see the detail! A lovely flower in the middle there- some of my favorite colors of autumn...
And yes, sometimes it is good to just stop and stare!
:)

11:20 pm  
Blogger swiss said...

we were jealous of your garden when we saw the pond thing. more than a problem corner our garden lies at about a thirty degree angle so any pond would immediately become a water feature!

still, landscapers ahoy so progress to be made on that front over winter. i look forward to a sprng pond update

11:56 pm  
Blogger Rachel Fox said...

Beautiful mix of colours. Come and take pics of our garden any time you like!
x

9:21 am  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Yep, this season is all about wonderful colour! The Cosmos here have started lightening into a pale dusty shade of pinkish-whitish, which just goes to set off the more brilliant hues all around.

12:14 pm  
Anonymous Dick said...

Beautiful pics. Clearly autumn is on hold in your garden!

7:22 am  
Blogger Pat said...

Vibrant photos - puts my paltry late garden ones to shame. Ah well - it takes all sorts.

11:35 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. I'll get round everyone soon.

I'm just up to my neck in projecrs an MIL problems and life in general :)

1:25 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

And I can type in hurry either....

1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home