Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Emily D

Something to savour until I can get a post together:

A single Screw of Flesh
Is all that pins the Soul
That stands for Deity, to Mine,
Upon my side the Veil --

Once witnessed of the Gauze --
Its name is put away
As far from mine, as if no plight
Had printed yesterday,

In tender -- solemn Alphabet,
My eyes just turned to see,
When it was smuggled by my sight
Into Eternity --

More Hands -- to hold -- These are but Two --
One more new-mailed Nerve
Just granted, for the Peril's sake --
Some striding -- Giant -- Love --

So greater than the Gods can show,
They slink before the Clay,
That not for all their Heaven can boast
Will let its Keepsake -- go

2 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Oh my- how beautiful... I don't even know what to say about this. It is awe-inspiring. Every time I read it, I glean something more...
I love the first stanza especially... what a wonderful introduction to the rest of the poem.
Wow... this is stunning.
x

4:21 pm  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

I am reading this on a dark and rainy night, Anna. Thank you.

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home