Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bi-Product


I've decided that life is too short in the summer for long posts so I'll skip through with diary -type entries for the next wee while:

A lovely bi-product of co-editing qarrtsiluni's economy edition has been receiving Pam Hart's book of poems in the post. The Fifth Voice by toadlily press includes Pam's chapbook The End of the Body, and this beautifully observed title poem would be worth the purchase alone. She has the gift of freeze framing tiny time slices and crafting them into good strong poems.

And the beauty of toadlily's quartet series is that you get the work of three other poets too!

Friday I go out to the Bass Rock with Laurie Campbell the wildlife photographer, as part of my prize for winning the Environmental Impact part of a competition back in January. The forecast isn't great, so here's hoping...........

Last night I saw Harvey's Last Chance, with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson, both largely playing themselves. It is a sweet escapist film, in the style of Four Wedding etc. But Thompson does have one good line about the British losing their stiff upper lip since Princess Di. I'm I alone in wishing we could find a bit of it again? Or is the genie too far out of the bottle?

Still editing Harris pictures, this is of Callanish in Lewis. The name makes me want to rewrite the Queen song ........

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Great to catch up with you in your summer again ... enjoy!

11:04 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy your Friday - I've been enjoying qarrtsiluni in my mailbox :)

7:59 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Short posts are the way to go in the summer. Better than a deathly silence n'est ce pas?

10:16 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Kay. It is proving to be a good one!

Thanks B - q is quite a mixed bag. I enjoyed doing it with Pam.

Thanks Pat, you're right of course, but getting the time to beon the 'puter is hard, I have MIL plus N's dog and son is home from uni.

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home