Thursday, May 21, 2009

Projectitis



Well I'm bumbling along trying to clear my backlog of projects, while still trying to weave in wee things that I actually like doing.

So I dodge out into the garden and do bits of weeding and then return to the computer to crunch out planting lists. One of the nice things that I've been doing is looking at some shots that I took of my nephew when he stayed. (It is my SIL's 50th next week and I thought I might give her a few photos as an addition to her present.)

I thought I'd try and make each shot look a wee different. And as my nephew thinks Obama is brilliant I decided to give this one the Obama portrait treatment. Let me know what you think.)

Oh and my brassneck scored another victory this week when the former chairman of the "big garden", who is also head of RGBE in Edinburgh, agreed to help us replant the alpine trough dedicated to the garden's founder. So on Tuesday one of the RGBE's alpine plant experts called out with plants, grit and leaf mould etc and completely redid the whole thing. It looks fantastic and will be another attraction for the Open Day.

Excuse any typos, my brain is very tired at the moment, so my mistakes are many and varied.


Off to clean .............

5 Comments:

Blogger Totalfeckineejit said...

Keep up the great work, hope is the one thing we cannot live without.That's good news about the alpines and I also really like the the dog below, its a great photo,apprentice.I don't think I've ever managed an even half decent pic of a dog. Always scratching and sniffing, never sitting still-and the dogs are just as bad!

10:04 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

The photo is very eye catching. You are certainly very busy, hope you can keep taking time out for yourself!

12:53 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

I love the photo of your nephew - as Kay says very eye catching but I'm worried about Total's dog. I see no dog:)

10:29 am  
Blogger Colin Will said...

Think it's in A's 'reviving' post, PI.

5:03 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes the mutt is lower down. My newphew is very handsome, he will break a few hearts for sure.

I'm OK, I'm almost through two big chunks of voluntary work and it will be a elief to have it down.
I'm really bad at knuckling down until the pressure is really on. It comes from doing policy work, often you'd commission bits and piece, but not pull the whole thing together until it was absolutely needed as positions often changed overnight - it is a hard habit to break! and I'm too distractable these days.

1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home