Tuesday, May 26, 2009

These Days




Oh I do love May in Scotland. Everything looks and feels like it is at the height of its possibilities. I'm spending as much time as possible outside and in the garden, banking all this lushness against a dark, dank January day.

I'm also ticking off my things to do and starting to look forward to my break on Harris in June. The weekend Herald had some great pictures of the beaches up there and I can't wait to get these tired old feet shoeless and on those white sands - even if it does rain.

The economy issue of qarrtsiluni is coming together, and Pam and I are slipping into a good rhythm over reviewing submissions.

I attach three blooms from my garden, although it goes against the grain these are hand held JPEGs taken on automatic setting, as I never get time to process RAW files these days. So if they are wobbly please accept my apologies.

We have my SIL's 50th birthday party this weekend. I can't believe my husband's kid sister is 50. Boy have we all done some living since we were fresh-faced teenagers back in the 70s. There will be four generations at the party and it should be a lot of fun.

Anyway what are you doing reading this, get outside and enjoy the sunshine, while it lasts........

9 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Beautiful, beautiful flowers. It sounds divine over there at the moment - lovely long days coming up ... while ours shorten.
I was going to submit to qarrtsiluni and then promptly forgot!
Good luck with the reviewing of submissions.

12:20 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

I did wander out, but it's actually a wee bit chilly! I'll take a walk in a bit.

Good luck with all the projects, such lovely flowers...

1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stuck at work and it is windy out there! sun entices you out and then you freeze!

lovely flowers - mine are taking an absolute age to get going ... think it's because we are on the top of one of the foothills of the Campsie Fells 200 feet (or is it metres? I think metres) above sea level.

1:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, I was right first time, it's 200 feet!!

1:53 pm  
Blogger Colin Will said...

Thanks for the qarrtsiluni reminder. Are you going to the Gardening Scotland show this weekend? I was in St Andrews Botanic Garden today - it's looking great.

10:50 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

I've got one and three but not the lovely dark rose- or is it a peony. No sun here today - a good steady rain - I watered yesterday.
Do you enjoy plucking off the dead iris heads? I do:)

11:40 pm  
Blogger Pam said...

beautiful photos Anna! You're way ahead of us here across the pond. See you at google docs :)

2:41 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. Colin I'm going to Gardening Scotland today. Beryl is exhibiting there.

10:33 am  
Anonymous nas said...

beutiful pictures remind me of summer

2:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home