Friday, May 08, 2009

Rag Bag

I'm really enjoying the qarrtsiluni guest editing spot, if for no other reason than it gives you a really good insight into how well presented work must be to stand out from the crowd. I am also discovering what a great resource google docs is for managing a large amount of disparate material and what great managing editors Dave and Beth are.

Yesterday I was at the National Galleries in Edinburgh to receive my runners up awards in their Inspired? Get Writing! competition. It was brilliantly organised and a really good evening with great readings by all concerned. I was really touched that so many friends took the trouble to come along and support me and I'm still dipping into the lovely goody bag of prizes that I received.

On the big garden I've been badly let down by one of the herb supplier and if they don't come through by early next week I will be spending much of my daylight hours running round local nurseries trying to get replacements plants.

This weekend I have my MIL and 9 year old nephew, who has already eaten some of the wild garlic in the garden, and is now breathing on the poor dog, making his poor old eyes water! Looks like I'm in for a fun weekend.........

7 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Congrats on the award Anna.
And I agree about the editing experience...it has me thinking about my own work. Enjoy your weekend with nephew and ml!

3:38 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Yes, congratulations. And don't forget to take some time out for yourself you seem to be very busy (but no doubt happy!)

1:10 pm  
Anonymous Dick said...

I'm giving qarrtsiluni a miss this time around. I produce at so slow a rate that I have to stretch meager submissions across a range of mags. But q. is quite the best of the bunch so I wish you well for your stint as editor.

8:28 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. Sorry you won't be submitting your work this time around Dick, as I'm a fan of your work, but like you I'm not prolific so I can understand your reluctance.

1:23 pm  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Congratulations, Anna! A whole weekend with a garlic-eating nephew who shares with the dog ... I'm jealous. Maybe I'm just a kid at heart, but it does sound like a lot of fun.

8:56 pm  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Waiting to hear some updates from you:-)

8:47 am  
Anonymous Nathan said...

Guest editing at q. was a wonderful experience. Good luck with it!

11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home