Thursday, June 11, 2009

Big Rock Candy Mountain

Well as Titus Oates said I may be gone for some time......... Dog is off to stay with N., son has been warned about parties and leaving the iron on, water butts are full so that a sensible neighbour can take care on my greenhouse and cameras, bikes, boots and bottles will shortly be loaded into the car.

This song always reminds me of hellish family car journeys, when my sister would run out of distractions and start her nipping games and trips north felt about as momentous and impossible as Hannibal setting out from Carthage for Rome.

I learned today that the real version had an absolutely filthy last verse. Wish I had known that way back when.

TTFN........

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Have a great time. BTW this song has family history for me as well...one my father played a lot on his guitar when we were kids... :-))

1:20 am  
Blogger Pat said...

Have a safe journey and behave :)

11:36 am  
Blogger Colin Will said...

The punk rolled up his big blue eyes
And said to the jocker, "Sandy,
I've hiked and hiked and wandered too,
But I ain't seen any candy.
I've hiked and hiked till my feet are sore
And I'll be damned if I hike any more
To be buggered sore like a hobo's whore
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains."

Courtesy of Wikipedia

5:24 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Ha! That last verse is a hoot!
Have fun Anna.

10:05 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

Have a good trip, thanks for the hoot!

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home