Tuesday, January 06, 2009

This video is just me learning to splice segments together. It is a short walk round my home town yesterday at dusk. I think I like this style of filming, just showing people the things I love/like. I won't exactly set the heather on fire, but I promise not to happy slap anyone either. It's about time the meek inherited the earth, especially the secular meek! Tell me how it runs for you, as I've noticed it is a bit choppy on my pc this evening, but that could just be the bandwidth in my neck-of-the-woods at this time of night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is it the walking that's making it choppy? My sister is using video now in her course at art college. Some of the stuff she's been doing is amazing, but I think you're going in the right direction. How cold that water looks, is it the same river that the dog near lost it's life in?

9:03 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

It shouldn't break up and play slowly, but I've noticed that our speed slows down when the kids get home from school. It played fine this morning, so I think it's the weight of folk on the net tonight that's affecting it on my pc.

Yes that's the river B almost drowned in, but further downstream, below the weirs.

9:08 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

I sorted it at my end -I needed the latest version of Adobe Flash, which is downloadable via the motionbox website.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Looks like it could be compelling fun to learn. I liked seeing your shadow on the bridge and the dog and ducks!

5:04 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

Oh, and nice to hear your voice too!

5:05 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Lucy. It is a lot of work, but I want to use it for "the big garden's website"

I shot some footage yesterday, now I just need the time to edit it.

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home