Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sharp light


I took these shots at sunset the day we had a cold clear sky, I was hoping to do more today, but I've managed to chop the top off a finger on my left hand with my new vegetable knife, thereby adding a bit of unwanted protein to the soup.
So I've spent yesterday and today having it treated and dressed down at the surgery. Luckily it is knitting together nicely, otherwise I'd have faced a 20 mile hike to A&E. But it is bloody sore and it is a shame that I can't drive as the large dressing on the offending finger would be very good for making rude gestures.
And as I can't drive I can't get to the places I was planning to go with all my photo gear, so I'll have to leave it until next week, when hopefully we'll still be experiencing these hard frosts.
This triptych was taken with my favourite lens, which has really good glass in it, it always produces tack sharp images. Teasel are just fantastic in low winter light.
PS I won't mention the old and new years, as I just find this time of year a bit maudlin.
I have my family and friends, and food and shelter and warmth and right now that makes me feel blessed enough. I hope you do too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch! I hope it's not so sore in a few days. I do like your triptych, those colours evoke a strong reaction in me: autumn, not winter.

11:34 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks, it is settling down, but hurts when I bang it off things.

The colours, yes I agree they can look autumnal, but our sunsets tend to be amazing reds etc at this time of year. These teasels stand on wasteground and are backlight by the setting sun

12:18 pm  
Blogger Totalfeckineejit said...

I love the idea of the big digit road rage gestures.Nice teasel shots too.Hope da trubble wt da finger diznt linger.

4:50 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks TFE, it's on the mend, though if i bash it off something it is still really sore. I rescued the lid off the sugar bowl yesterday, not thinking about my finger and almost dropped it again because it was so sore. They said the nerve-ending would take a while to settle.

8:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mortgage-mart.com has been online since 1995, helping people find the american home mortgage that best suits their needs.

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home