Thursday, January 01, 2009

The weather with you




I’ve bought a weather log
so
come rain, hail or shine
come drizzle, sleet or blister
come smirr, snow, or haze -
I’ll record you all.

Why?
Because I want
to feel the heft
of thirty six months
of weather. And to see
if I can make my own
internal weather, despite
what gets dished up
outside my window each day

Today's noon temp was 1°C
with 80% cloud cover
dull and misty, no rain
The ground was like butter
just out of the fridge, top surface soft,
but with frost below

These are two pix from our walk
near Whittinghame

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That reads like a poem to me... a weather log sounds like a good idea, tho'

10:50 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

It does sound a rather fascinating thing.

Hope the finger's knitting nicely, and wishing you every good thing for 2009.

1:00 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Well here in the SW it is cold and grey - frost on the car in the morning and morning fog over the hills. You could say we are hunkered down and avoid venturing unless a matter of bread and milk.
All the very best - happiness, health and peace of mind for 2009 and don't do too much - you make me feel lazy:)

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pics.

I fear that a weather log from this North Herts hilltop would be a dreary document. We seem to have been living beneath a damp flannel for months now. Although this morning looks uncharacteristically gilded.

10:20 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. Thanks for looking in again Dick. The finger is healing well, though I can't garden at all as it is still too tender and open.

We are alternating between a flat grey and brilliant frosty days. I think the very cold temps drag cloud and fog in off off the Forth

1:22 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I adore weather. I couldn't live in a place that didn't have it! I will be following your weather log with interest.

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home