Sunday, November 30, 2008

Once again the Danes are happiest people in Europe

I'm interested in this as I have Danish blood in me on both side of my family, my paternal grandmother was Danish, although she didn't live to see me, and a great grandfather on my mother's side. (click on the header for the full story)

People are wondering if it just the society that the Danes have created that makes them so happy with their lot, they are highly taxed, but have excellent public services and are very family orientated.

I listened to a report from Denmark on the radio this morning. And one of the things they featured was a laughter class, where women of all ages got together to literally have a good old belly laugh. So here is my virtual laughter workshop:

:( :{ :) :) :) :) ;) :) :O :O :Q :() :{] :<) :) ;) ;)

I hope that feels better

If not try this, recorded in 1922:




Someone's just told him that the last guy to hold up a bank demanded that they put a mortgage in his sack.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

The Danes are probably just really happy they aren't Swedish.

What a hoot, I especially liked the one with the italicised bracket...

Hope you don't mind that I didn't listen to all the Laughing Policeman.

2:16 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

as long as it was enough to do the job Lucy!

It reminded me of Uncle Max on Children's Chioce.

2:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can still remember the first time I heard that: it was on my Granny's old-fashioned twiddly knob radio!

3:08 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

They don't make 'em like that anymore - thank God.
Reminds me of outside the Pleasure Beach at Blackpool in the thirties and there was a big fat man in a glass cage doing exactly the same. We kids were mesmerised by it.
Laughter is great but my eyes always run.

3:31 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Duh my ability to spell has deserted me again, sure sign I'm tired.


Was he a reall fat man Pat, or just a puppet?

I used to love these kids records, this, the Big Rock Candy Mountain, and the Runaway Train etc, etc

3:50 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

i laughed, sugar, so it all worked! good start for a monday, thanks! xoxo

1:21 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

AS a kid, I always thought a mortgage was a VERY large kitkat....no idea wgere that came from!
Yes, and do you recall:" Im a pink toothbrush"...played by Uncle Mac?

9:07 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Uncle Mac, that's it I wasn't sure which it was Max or Mac.

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home