Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yay it's only ..........

a bone spur and a ganglion. We cancer survivors just laugh we we get something that isn't the disease as somehow it never feels quite so bad if it isn't going to kill you.

I have a bone spur on my heel, which won't be operated on as that would probably cause me more trouble than it is now, and the other lump, the gaglion, is on my instep and it won't be touched either, although it is a pest and painful when I hike too far as it swells up and then it throbs. People usually get ganglions on their wrists - it's the lump folk used to swipe with family bible!

So two more things to add to my list of things I need to put up with. If I was a friggin' horse they'd shoot me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Oh, I am glad! My sister used ot have a persistent ganglion on her wrist, it came and went. Perhaps you need to look for some footwear that will make it easier?

Despite your malaise, your last two posts have been wonderful. Quality beats quantity!

1:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank goodness for that, A, and thanks for coming back and letting us know. I hope they gave you long term strategies for getting around both problems, re footwear and other options :)

6:54 pm  
Blogger Colin Will said...

That's a relief, A. I had a heel spur and was advised to wear running shoes (trainers with a big heel support) for a couple of months. It helped a bit, but eventually I had to have a cortisone injection in the heel. Not as bad as it sounds, and it worked.

8:39 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I'll maybe steel myself and try that, although I'm not good with needles these days.

My Birkenstocks have been the most comfortable so far, but come the winter I'll need something else. My hill walking boots are no good as my heel aches just putting them on.

Maybe I should just cut holes in my shoes lol!

12:48 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Heels can be jolly painful and I can really empathise with you at present.
I'm glad it's nothing nasty and hope it eases off as these painful things sometimes just do. Please God.
BTW I bought a pair of French Aigle Easy Pack which are bliss and my chiropodist always admires them.
Unfortunately I don't know if they are still available. I'd certainly buy another pair.

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home