Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mixed bag





Funny how a despot kills the democrat in one. Am I alone in hoping someone will step out of the crowd to finish off Mugabe?

My MIL has gone home and I'm feeling tired. She is " no bother" as we say here, but just having someone that vulnerable around is tiring, you find yourself checking on them all the time, and you are doing everything for them, as you would for a small child. And hearing the same thing for the sixth time is wearing.

Tomorrow we have another reading from Heart Notes, hard to know how many will turn up, so I just hope it goes well.

Not much other news really, I'm trying to get organised for going away next weekend, and my FIL 80th birthday party looms and I'm making lists of "things to do".

Here are a few pictures of flowers in the garden, peony, inula and hardy geranium.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

No ... you are deinitely NOT the only one!

Beautiful photos - I love your perspective - a honey bee's maybe ?

9:23 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You are definitely not the only one - just listening to a radio station and the announcer says, "I just can't understand why no-one has taken that man out".

9:33 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

The world is indeed resounding with the sentiment, includingour house. Oddly though, more good people seem to get assassinated than bad ones. Perhaps not so oddly.

The flowers are gorgeous, I like the inula especially.

5:49 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes the good ones always leave us early I find.

The process of change in Africa is so slow and so painful. I fear until women get greater rights and freedoms nothing much will change.
Mugabe is essentially bullying a nation of children and grandmothers, AIDS and economic devastation has taken everyone else.

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home