Monday, April 28, 2008

More Sweetness


Yesterday was a beautiful day. The temperature finally felt like late Spring, and when we got a thunder storm in the early evening the rain was warm and the after-smell it left was of summer.

If ever there was a day when a year tipped over into summer it was yesterday.

I planted out leeks and the odd S American tubers I've blogged about before. I also planted squash seedlings in big bags of homemade compost in the greenhouse, and I could almost see them growing in the heat in there.

At night I drove into to the Shore Poets to see Colin Will read. His choice of poems showed the range and diversity of his interests and experiences. We had poems on the wing, on landscape, debunking poems and spiritual poems. And all well delivered despite a sore throat.

Also reading were Andy Philip and Julie Sheridan. I enjoyed their sets too, especially Julie's who had some poems about the West coast. I liked her use of language, the internal rhymes she creates, and her sense of humour.

photo is of a backlight tulip in my garden late yesterday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger savannah said...

i envy you your gardening skills, sugar! i have 2 doz cut tulips (purchased) that seem very similar to the one you posted residing in my den as i type. stunning photograph, m'dear! xox

3:04 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

When I see that tulip I realise how right you are about the black background.

4:42 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes black and red are fab together aren't they -very Spanigh!

Savannah your way with flowers sounds more relaxing!

6:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home