Thursday, April 24, 2008

Harassed


I'm back. Sorry I've not been around but it has been a really busy week.

The reading at the National Galleries was fun. Your chosen painting was projected up onto a screen in one of the lecture theatres, and you were invited up to the mike/lectern to read your poem/piece. I think I read well, Lord knows I practised enough!

The variety in the chosen pieces of art and people's take on them was amazing, though the recent Joan Eardley exhibition pictures featured well.

It was good to see Rob Mackenzie there too, and Alan Gay travelled in with me.
The organisation was good and I enjoyed the post-match chat and met some new and interesting people.

The wedding went well too, although my arms and legs ached all Sunday from stooping and firing off shots. I took the lensbaby lens mounted on my second camera back, and once all the set-piece groups were done I had lots of fun with it, catching quirky, cameo shots. I just hope the bride is pleased with what I got. I'm doing test prints today.

The post editing has been really tiring on the eyes, hundreds of shots taken from RAW format to Tiff, colour checked, some air brushing and tweaking, then sharpening and filtering for odd shot with digital noise in the shadows - very few of these, but still worth running them through the Neat software package - then conversion from Tiff to Jpeg and a change of colour space from RGB to sblahblah the generic photographic printing profile.

So I don't think I'll be rushing to volunteer to do another one in a hurry.
Although I have enjoyed seeing the different way people react and interact in groups and with relatives and friends as I've worked through the shots.

I also have work to do for the big garden - writing up the last trustees meeting, organising a sub group planting meeting and sourcing three new laburnum alpinum, as three in our arch are looking decidedly dead. They are short lived trees, about 35/40years and ours are reaching that point now, and being trained and regularly pruned must add additioal stress. So RHS Plant Finder here I come!

I hope to call in on fellow bloggers tomorrow, once I've cleared my feet a bit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

You're amazing!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Busy, busy, busy. I hope those photos are going to be really special! Do we get a sneak preview of any ;)

7:35 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

And in your spare time...?
It is a hell of a responsibility to take on a wedding but I'm sure you've made an excellent job of it. I think a few quirky shots often capture the whole feel of the day don't you?
I imagine a hat and heels would be a drag on the job - as it were- but I'll bet you managed to look good at the same time.

10:46 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. It was really scary, more the days leading up to it, and then editing hoping theyy's like what I'd shot. Pi I wore a great skirt N got me, sort of flouncy, which gave me much more freedom of movement than trousers.
And flat shoes, cos I was up and down and all over the place -especially shooting we kids.

I'd post some, but they're not mine to display if you know wjhat I mean!

2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home