Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fug


Well I've emerged from my fug of the last few days. I've had two great nights of sleep and that has helped - don't think I knew how tired I was.

I've caught up with the house after all my visitors and dealt with the house painter arriving to paint all the front windows - no mean feat when you have a Jack Russell cross dog who threatens to give the poor guy a heart attack by appearing unexpectedly on the inside of each window to complain loudly at his presence.

Weather is still poor, cold and wet, the opposite of last April. So I have lots of seedlings that are boarding in the greenhouse hoping for better days.
(I have a notion to by a meteorological diary to record the weather each day so I can do year to year comparisons.)

The coming week is busy as the wedding I agreed to do is next Saturday - just hope the weather improves - and I see the bride on Tuesday at her step-mother's, whose is a friend of mine. And Thursday is the National Galleries event, which I'm looking forward to in a terrified sort of way. Alan tells me they place a big blow up of your chosen picture beside you as you read the poem.

I also had a nice e-mail from a Spanish musician Roger Subirana who used one of my stock photos as part of the inspiration for a piece of music. You can hear it here He describes his music as "world and new age" I think it is very calming and soothing and his piano playing is wonderful.
Another nice link the net has brought me!


(photo is a hosta in heavy rain)

7 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Lovely slug free Hosta. Good luck on Thursday.

12:27 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thank Pat. It was in the Botanics in Edinburgh.

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, big week coming up. Get well rested and all the best of luck at the National Gallery on Thursday adn the wedding on Sunday. I know you'll give a thoughtful and considered treatment to both. Have fun with it! I reckon that's often the way to do your best work.

Looking forward to hearing how they go.

6:32 pm  
Blogger Colin Will said...

Good luck on Thursday and Saturday. (And the Mslexia poem).
Colin

12:52 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. Rol on Sunday lol!

A friend is coming to mind my gear on Saturday, and she'll provide moral support too hopefully!

2:17 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I'd love to see that dog surprise the house painter!

As usual, I'm enjoying your photos.

I like the idea of photos and poems, take a deep breath, enjoy.

8:14 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I'm sure the sun will shine - it always does ... eventually. Good luck for the events coming up in your life. Sounds good stuff for the soul - may your creative juices flow!

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home