Friday, April 04, 2008

Surviving the relatives



It has been an exhausting week. I had my MIL to stay and there has been a real change in her dementia since Christmas. At times this week I've felt like I was Parkinson interviewing Robert Mitchum, "Would you like a bath?" "No". "Would you like me to put some washing through for you?" "No". "Would you like to change your clothes?" "No". I think her carers have more success, or perhaps just better strategies than me for getting her co-operation.

On top of that I lifted something that was too heavy and really hurt my back, so I've been popping pain killers and anti-inflammatories for days now.

And my son invited his girlfriend to stay another week, so I've had teenage angst combined with elderly confusion. Talk about being the meat in the sandwich!

So I intend to have a really quiet, uneventful weekend. I love seeing people, but if truth be told I also quite enjoy spending time on my own. I hope to catch up on personal projects next week.

And congratulation to Colin and his wife Jane, they've been married 42 years today. A wonderful achievement!

Photo is of Spring birches, I long for that fresh green, hopefully it's not far away now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Oh lord, that really is a bit of an overload...
Enjoy your quiet weekend, you deserve it.

3:17 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Wow quite a week! Hope you get your breather and a lovely view of something fresh and green.

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home