Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rhubarb,rhubarb,rhubarb



Ok I'll leave politics alone for a while, as there's enough of it everywhere else.

And the real rhubarb season has started, the lovely tender forced pink shoots that are grown in the dark, under cover, in a tiny part of Yorkshire. It is a wonderful seasonal crop that has been threatened recently by a downturn in sales. But it is making a comeback thanks to TV chefs etc. So if you see it in the supermarket please support a great British tradition.

My own stuff in the garden is barely above ground. I should stick a bucket over it and bring it on. I've been thinking about splitting up the crowns as they're getting quite congested. But I'd probably lose a lot of rhubarb if I dig it up now.

2 Comments:

Blogger S. Kearney said...

I LOVE rhubarb ... but they don't seem to be big on it here ... I will have to change that. Mmmmmmm, a nice rhubarb crumble! :-)

1:23 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

So flavoursome! I love the soft pinky goo- perfect with custard.

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home