Friday, February 22, 2008

Hillary

How to put the boot in with great charm! I'm not sure she can recover, but she sure is working hard. I'm sorry but Obama is too like a young Tony Blair for me, a lovely smile and little substance. It is not my election, but in this globalised world it is starting to feel like it is. Hell our airports even get used for rendition without our permission - allegedly!



And John Stewart's wife has given permission for this song to be used by Hillary after a member of the public posted this video on youtube. John Stewart campaigned for Robert Kennedy. He died a few weeks ago.


5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

That had me welling up!

5:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dang, the video's been removed. But You sum up exactly what's been bothering me about Obama without being able to quite put my finger on it. Frankly, I reckon McCain will win, I just don't see the Americans voting for either a black man or a woman - but I hope I'm proved wrong. I just wished Clinton and Obama had teamed up instead of fighting one another - let Hillary run for President with Obama as vice-president - that would have been a brilliant outcome.

9:01 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes I agree! Theyy are trying to get the cash to run the video as an ad. I'm finding it facinating to see just how much dollars/cash determines who gets elected. Plus OB is on a roll, no-one wants to left out of that.

I'm not sure how McCain will do, depends on how many middle of the road Republicans still have the stomach to vote. The far right hate him with a passion, so they won't vote for him.

12:38 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

ps it's still running here!

12:39 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

All disappeared.

I find I'm sort of coming round to Obama, perhaps because unconsciously I don't want to be left out of the excitement either.
Hillary seems to be shooting herself in the foot quite a bit, and often gives him the opportunity to come across as gentlemanly and 'bigger' than she is.
It seems odd to us two cnadidates on the same side slugging it out the way they are, rather than presenting some kind of united front, but I don't think it's perceived that way there. It seems at least with all this you get quite a strong impression of the person you're voting for before the final decision. Which didn't stop them voting Bush in. Twice.

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home