Monday, February 11, 2008

A photography week


Friday I'm attending the awards ceremony of this competition.
I have three pictures through to the final, two landscapes and one on patterns in nature. I don't think I'll win anything this year, last year I won the landscape section. But it will be a nice night and good to see the other photographs.
And on Thursday I'm going to see a touring exhibition of Ansel Adams work in Edinburgh. It will be good to see proper gallery prints of his work, rather than images in books and magazines.

I also had a good contact/offer last week. I've mentioned before that I've some old material on morguefile.com - a free stock resource. Anyway a London horticultural mag used one of my shots for a second time and the editor then e-mailed me to say he was impressed that my name had come up twice when he was looking for suitable material, and would I like to be added to their commission list? So of course I said yes! I'm not sure what it will lead to, if anything, but it proves that sometimes it is worth just getting your stuff out there.

I'm still busy in the garden, today I've been down on my knees hand-weeding before I spread the mulch on the Spring area under my plum tree. There is actually a tulip in bud, which for February is just plain mad!

And I took care of some long overdue paper work that was starting to prick my conscience.


Anyway I'd better get going - dog to walk, food to buy etc, etc. The photo is from a local wood awash with snowdrops. I've yet to find a satisfactory way on metering for snowdrops, it's like photographing a wedding, all that white, with the wood behind still fairly dark.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love those snowdfrops - funny how well they look planted in drifts like that.
You've got an award BTW. Pop in and see when you get a chance.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

And good luck in the awards!

5:51 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

SNAP! I had the same problem. Come and see.

10:09 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

Good luck and well done on the commission one.
The snowdrops look great to me.

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home