Sunday, February 03, 2008

Karma



Must admit to feeling rather low since I learned about Joanne.

Yesterday I helped my music teacher recover all her holiday pix from a corrupted flash card. I googled the problem and came up with this
great blog site . I downloaded the programme they recommended and ran it with her card reader plugged into a USB port. It works like chkdisc in DOS, which is still available in safe mode I think, and lo and behold we recovered 205 of M's photographs, and lost only one which was completely fried. M was really happy and it made me feel good to be useful.

I also got chocolates and a bottle of very expensive wine from the neighbours for pruning their large apple tree. It looks really good now, it's back in proportion with their garden, and full of fruiting spurs that will provide lots of blossom and hopefully fruit.

So I must have earned quite a lot of good karma this week!

This is a picture of my compost bin, I just liked the faded tulips with red cabbage stalk!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

So sad about your friend.
I like the colours in that photo - a depth of purple that catches and holds the eye.
You are a good neighbour. Wish you were mine!
Keep warm and don't dwell too much on sad things - your love of life and colour will lift you again I'm sure.

3:52 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks CB. Yes it is a lovely purple, very imperial :)

I'll be fine, I just think she's suffered enough, particularly the mental strain of living on the edge all the time. It helps to acknowledge that. Life is random, randomly wonderful and randomly cruel.

2:06 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I agree with your comments on life ...

I went to the site you kindly left me a link for, and got this:

http://iplayersupport.external.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/bbciplayer.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=28

So maybe I'll catch it on our TV sometime. We do get BBC on our TV in the early hours of the morning over here ...

9:56 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

I was a mazed that you'd thought to compose such an extraordinary combination of purple things; so it's your compost bin!

So sorry about your friend.

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home