Monday, January 28, 2008

Breath of fresh air








Finally the wind has dropped and the sky has been relatively clear. So I went for a long walk with N. before she disappears to Madrid for two weeks. I wish I was going too, but I wouldn't get it past budgetary control, aka my husband.

But I really enjoyed the walk after spending the morning 10ft off the ground pruning
my neighbour's apple tree. What a mess, crossed branches rubbing, scrubby growth choking the centre etc. I've not finished, but my arm got too sore to continue, so more tomorrow!

And I got an invitation to the Scottish Seabird Centre photography awards at a posh Edinburgh hotel. They are announcing the winners on the night, but I don't think I'll get anything this year.

These are four shots of the river estuary this afternoon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Apprentice, I came by to drop of a pressie which you will find at my blog and was blown away by these photos. Fantasic. Oh and BTW I've nominated you for an award.

7:44 pm  
Blogger Fire Bird said...

I love the first, with the roots, and the last with the lonely boulder and the reflected sky...
I can taste the air

10:09 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thank you both. It's a favourite place of mine -I suppose I just like empty and lonely places. Add the curlews calling and it is a really soulful place.

V thanks for the award thingy. i'll get to as soon as I can. I'm just in from sorting out that apple tree and I'm drookit (wet) and heading for the shower!

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, these remind me of a place called The Cob in Lewis where I used to ride ponies.

That root one is ace.

Best luck with the Seabird Photography awards too. It sounds tres swanky.

Well done!

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home