Thursday, November 02, 2006

Well I'm away tomorrow

Hope to see some great colours on the way north. The castle grounds hae some fantastic trees and a beautiful beech lined drive. We're in one of the old keepers' cottages, so we won't go far after work, which is good as it will be dark by 3.30/4pm. I'm going to make a big pot of soup when I get up there tomorrow afternoon, and that will sustain us at lunchtimes. It's amazing how hungry you get working outdoors for five or six hours.

Nieves is doing something even more exciting, she's doing a sleepover in a crannog This is a Scottish iron age house, of course the one she's going to is reconstruction, and isn't this particular site, but you get the drift. They will be keeping the fire burning all night, but rather her than me as it will be an on floor sleeping bag job. I'm not sure she's thought about what it might do to her back, but she loves trying new things.

The local library services has asked for copies of my book, to lend and sell. So that should be interesting. My friend and I are also doing a poetry pamphlet sale together next month.

Anyway better run as I've got a trustees meeting of the public garden I'm involved with. So lunch and then I'm off out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Have a great time and keep warm!

5:13 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Pat. I'm home, I'll try and post later.

11:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one on the book, apprentice.

See you're keeping busy - I feel much the same about Chrimbo too *sigh*

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home