Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Grrr, men in overalls with spanners.......


I'm trying to maintain my Zen like calm, but men in greasy overalls in garages piss me off. My poor wee Clio is in being fixed after my disagreement with a kerbstone at 30mph. All I want to know is if it's fixed, but they're passing me around like a parcel between the bodyshop and the service people. They hear a woman's voice and immediately start taking the piss, while their "on hold" messages sing stupid bloody jingles about what a great company they are.

Well I've got a courtesy car, so stuff them. But I was hoping to have mine back before Friday as I'm going up north then and don't want the complications of using another car, or having to cancel the trip to return the courtesy one.

Six-word biography challenge

Got this from Barbara's bleeuugh. It seems as if you actually get 18 words, as you are allowed three six-word lines.

This is mine:

Stubborn, African-born, female Scot.
Loves living, a recently discovered art.
Lessons learned? This too will pass.

4 Comments:

Blogger nmj said...

i usually dislike all these lists & word games that leap from blog to blog, but that is a nice idea, six word bios . . . i really liked your description of the wee rabbit with stumped ears a few posts ago, that image stayed in my head.

12:53 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

That's a great 'lesson learned'.
How exciting - to have been born in Africa.
Sorry to hear you also have those intrusive kerbstones!

3:14 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks nmj. I'm really working on my writing these days, trying to get memorable images.

Under "pieces of writing" i 've posted a short story that I'm working on.

Pi, yes I was born on The Gold coast, now Ghana. Car is still sick, suspension needs something, so the courtesy car is goiing north with me, it's spanking new and the same as mine, so it shouldn't be a problem.

1:44 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That one is nice apprentice - and much more positive than mine. Love that last line!

1:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home