Saturday, August 19, 2006

Snippets

I'm grateful to blogwithaface for adding my face, it is currently last on the left of the bottom line. BTW my portrait here is a composite shot I made of myself at all the stages of my life, child, teenager, bride, mother,patient,and the present.

Also interested to read that a poster on flickr,an Icelandic woman,has been picked up as a potential international photographer. This is her page which has details of the story. Nice to read of success straight from the net.

Last night was a lot of fun. T he meal was delicious at Hewats in Edinburgh. It was pouring with rain,stair rod stuff, so we took my husband's big golf brolly. When we left I stupidly picked up the wrong golf umbrella. M.was a bit miffed as his was a better one, with air vents or something to stop it blowing away. So after the comedy set we went back to see if ours was still there. The people who own the one I mistakenly took were still there eating, so the Aussie waitress said, "I won't tell them, it'll be our secret that their brolly has seen more action tonight than them".
I think this incident would the basis for a good short story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I love that Aussie waitress's take!
Thanks for the fickr story - what beautiful photos - some people just have the gift - what is the equivalent to a greenfinger in the photography world - a kodak finger?!
BTW you have a lovely face and that is a beautiful montage. Your strength shows through most of all.

4:08 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Hi foolish, thanks for looking in. I tried the link, but it said it had been removed. Sounds a great idea though. Faces change so slowly it would be good to do a flick book type thing to see the prcoses speeded up.

Thanks biscuit. I like the kodak finger, I think it would be framed eye, always seeing the shot.

2:32 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Vents on a brolly? I want one!

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home