Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dads' dancing

Well ceilidh was fun, but too warm. The smokers had the best deal getting the cool air out in the street. Edinburgh is about to go into full festival mode, when it changes completely. Even just people watching in the street becomes much more interesting as wild artsy types turn up to throng the squares and closes.

I spotted lots of men doing Dads' dancing a la Peter Kay at the ceilidh. But I really liked one guy who just came it, took his jacket off, stuck it on a chair and just danced. And he was good dancer, fit looking and clearly enjoying himself. And there was this old lady who was clearly very happy to watch him. It reminded me of a great song by Lulu, I know, but she does do some good stuff, which is called "Poor Boys" , about the old dance halls in Glasgow in the '60s.

This morning I stayed in bed and listened to all my favourite Radio 4 shows. Desert Island Discs had the poet Michael Rosen
I really liked his choices, the link will take you there.
I'm sure it's no coincidence that he likes blues as his poems have great rhythm.

Also read the Sunday papers, I like the Scots guy Armando Iannucci's column in the Observer, he had a really funny bit on Blair believing that he is a timelord.

Met the toad again this morning, this time in the greenhouse, he's doing a great job as there wasn't a slug in sight.

My friend Judith has a poem here, it's called Something Strange and is about butterflies and this crazy weather. Checkout the Mouse page, as the link is generic.

Day feels a bit of a right-off, I can't do late night any more. I can't face picture editing, or taking at the mo. I think I feel another lie down coming on..........

5 Comments:

Blogger Mybananalife said...

The dancing part of this entry sounds scary. I bet the toad can do a better job.

6:45 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Ha, yes middle aged people dancing is not very pleasing on the eye. But that one guy was cute.

7:34 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Darling you are just over tired. Take it easy and give yourself time to recover. Are you in Edinburgh? MTL's mother was in the Colonies for years at the end of her life and I wish we had made the most of it and gone to a Festival.

5:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoying downtime is cool too - in our busy house you can't even enjoy that!

11:11 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks pi and cailleach. I'm near Edinburgh. The Colonies are lovely and much sought after these days.

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home