Thursday, March 09, 2006

Treats


Yesterday I went to see the BP portraits exhibition. I really enjoyed it, although the visitors' book had several comments complaining about the photographic quality of the painting, a number said it was all technique and little substance. But I thought there was a lot of variety and different takes on what constituted a portrait. I loved one title, which was of a portrait of an old Asian woman watching her two grandsons playing a Playstation, it was called "Gran Turisimo" . This is the exhibition link: www.npg.org.uk/live/bp2005exh.asp

I also bought myself a spanking new Manfrotto tripod. My old tripod was a cheap one, and a bad investment as just about everything has stopped working on it. I played around with new one today, before it rained, it is incredible, it's jointed like a spider and can go down to 4 inches of the ground, just shame I can't! It also has a bar that can be fitted horizontally, and offset from the main part, and the ball head means any angle is possible. I shot some isolated Easter type stock with it, and was really pleased with the way it performed. So that's my birthday present to me. There's nothing else I really need or want - except maybe some more memory cards -they're always welcome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home