Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So cold!!!


It wild weather, hail, rain, rainbows, sun, wind - the bloody works. I've been out getting Spring flower shots, spent an hour lying on my stomach in the wet grass cuddling up to a mass of crocus. Wish there had been just a bit more sun to open them up. Snowdrops are almost over, but took a few more "big drift" shots in the grounds of a ruined castle. Came across an old ruined farm steading, roof bare to the elements, broken windows etc, took some great gritty black and white shots.

Got the second crit back on my piece of writing. It was very favourable, asides some minor suggestions on word placement and punctuation. I've also designed some graphics to go with it, simple line drawings. I'm pleased with the way it has all turned. I've sweated blood over it and I think the level of effort shows. Funny with photography I very much a completer/finisher - I suppose because it's my first passion, with writing I have to really discipline myself to redraft and edit things. I think it's because it still feels too much like my former job, which was drafting Gov policy papers/briefing/PQs etc.

I've been lurking on a poetry site, but the ethos of the place is terribly disciplined to the point of verging on the hostile. Lots and lots of rule to be obeyed. So I think I'll just lurk and read the poems and look at the crits.

OK back to the picture editing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

If you're talking about Pffa, it's not as bad as it seems. There are three main rules:

1. Don't lay into people who take time to give feedback on a poem, just because the feedback isn't positive
2. Don't post more than one poem per forum per 24 hours
3. Do at least 3 critiques for each poem posted

The only people who really get into bother are those who break a rule, get called on it, and then continue to break it or start moaning about the rules.

But the rules are all very reasonable and are only there so that the site works well.

Nice blog. I'll add a link from my site.

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home