Friday, March 03, 2006

Walk Thru!


I took this photograph in Leith. This guy parks his wee burger bar carvan outside McDonalds most days. He's put "Walk Thru" in blue letters in on the hatch glass. It just sums up the little guy to me - more power to his elbow.

Yesterday I photographed the hornbeam allee, in the big garden I'm a trustee of. We have a squad of tree surgeons in cutting the tops back to make them square again. It costs a fortune, so we only do it every two years or so. I love formal tree plantings. Girl with a Pearl Earring was fabulous for me because of one winter shot of a canal, with pleached willows all along it.

I also went for a walk along the local river yesterday with my friend, she sees her consultant on Monday, so she's putting the whole sorry mess aside until then - she has an amazing facility to do that. Wish I had it. We picked pussy willows, I love the feel of them, they really do feel like animal fur.

This morning I listened to Desert Island Discs - it's one of my favourite Radio 4 shows.
Rachel Whitehead the artist was on. She was talking about her breakthrough piece, which was a cast of a bed and she said how much she thought we had in common with beds. I liked that notion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well done the burger man ....

... and just when you think Spring is here - it snows.

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home