Monday, February 20, 2006

Well done Andy Murray

So proud of him winning last night, and beating two former number ones on the way. Hope he keeps it going in Memphis. For me he's the most interesting tennis player since McEnroe who won the double title last night at 47!

Sport needs characters, there are enough bland types out there.

And good luck to our curlers, though it'll take a miracle to kept the women's team in it now. The men are through though, and were brillant against the Swedes.

It's February, Scotland needs a tonic to boost us upfor Spring and this kind of success is just what the doctor ordered.

Me I'm tidying up the house after the weekend, and then I'm seeing someone who is editing a piece of writing for me. Should be helpful as I've messed around with it for ages, and could use someone else's perspective. It needs to be cut, plus I'm not sure what work and what doesn't. I think I know it's strengths, but as someone, I can't remember who, said about writing "you have to be able to murder your babies". I find that hard, the line might be clever, but it's knowing that it doesn't sit well in the piece and not being over attached to it because it's what sparked your interest in the first place.

It's like deleting "almost" good photographs - though I'm getting better at that. Very few get retained these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home