Monday, March 06, 2006

50 Up

We're starting to prepare for my 50th birthday party. My husband's booked a lovely village hall, a friend is providing the music and we're laying on food and bubbly. It should be a great night. I feel really good about this birthday. When I hit 40 I was thoroughly depressed, but so much has happened since then to make me appreciate life, however it is packaged.

We're going to Prague for a few days in the week before the party, and I'm looking forward to that, it's a city I've wanted to see it ever since I watched those grainy black and white TV pictures of the failed revolt against the Russians. Our hotel is supposed to be small and friendly, and right in the centre, so we should get to see most things. I'm taking my reserve camera as I don't want to risk my good one, it's still too new and precious. Torn about which lenses to take. I have this fantastic new stabilising lens, which means you can shot two stops down without a tripod, but again scared to risk it.

Lovely day here, may carry on working in the garden, yesterday I tackled the horribly invasive jasmine, cut back about 50% of it, but it has rooted all along the greenhouse, which is positioned against a wall, so heaven knows how I'll get all the roots out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When's the big day ?

8:22 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Hi Walker

27 March, but the party is on the Saturday 25th.
Prague is the week before.

It feels good, 3 years ago no-one could even tell me I'd make it this far.

10:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, keep on keeping on ..... and have a good time in Prague.

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home