Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sound


I've been wondering about what I would do if I had a place on the "Plinth" thing in London.

And I think I would try and make a soundscape of the county where I live. We have so much, the beach, the woods, the fields and the hills. They would sound lovely beaming out over Trafalgar Square.

It is largely arable land and the fields are all turning golden just now, despite the soggy conditions that we've been experiencing.

Here is a still of a field of barley, that I took a few days ago, and wee bit of video that I shot two days afterwards, that demonstrates the sound that a huge field of ripening barley makes, which is obviously absent in the photo, although I did try to get a sense of movement into the shot.

All we need now is Eva singing "Fields of Gold".

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Love that picture, the framing really increases the sense of depth.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Hear! Hear!
Oh, I miss Eva. That is one of my favorite songs.
Barley ... a poetic grain in every sense.

11:18 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

A moveable feast.
It would be lovely to have you on the plinth. And why not?

11:37 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Your country is adorable! I know I've seen it ... it's a country I will always love. Thanks for the glimpses and I think a Scottish soundscape would be amazing.

12:40 pm  
Blogger Pam said...

lovely, soothing in sound and sight. I'm going to send you a link to an article on a cinema "sound designer" that you might enjoy.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home