Sunday, April 19, 2009

Falling Down on Blogging Duties

Sorry I've not been around much - real life is intruding somewhat just now!
The clearing of my MIL's house carries on a pace and I've been looking after her this weekend at our house to allow that to happen more quickly.

My FIL came through his hip replacement operation really well, though he is understandably sore.

So hopefully by the middle of next month we will have a bit more time to ourselves, although just where my MIL will ultimately live is still to be settled. We hope to let her move between her three children for as long as she is able. Yesterday brought home to me just how fragile she is getting when I realised she hadn't put her seat belt on and I had to pull over and do it - these are the things you forget to look out for, as they are such automatic actions in oneself.

I'm now off to do the Fielding Programme and I'm looking forward to it enormously, no least beause it will be a welcome opportunity to focus on just one thing for a change.

And what about Susan Boyle voice, isn't she just fantastic? I just hope that she has someone looking out for her as she gets processed through the celebrity mill.

It seems to me that she brings an honesty, an innocence, and above all a pure unadultered joy about the act of singing to our jaded TV dinner table.

She's the human equivalent of the first blackbird on a Spring morning. I just hope nobody robs her of these qualities.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

As always, a real treat to read your thought and news. :)

2:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the Fielding, best wishes to the FIL & MIL and dear me, how do you fit it all in!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Wonderful to read your words this morning. Ah, the seat belt, yes. I have to be more watchful, too. Susan Boyle - I must be one of the few on the planet to have not yet heard her sing. Will do so today!

1:23 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Enjoy a sort of break. I must give myself the pleasure of hearing Susan again

10:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Susan B is too down to earth to get carried away - well, I hope so!

Yes, you've been missed but I know what you mean about life - I'm much the same!

belleek

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home