Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Arbour






Yesterday I was at the SPL School of Poets first courtyard reading, which a fellow poet was chairing. It was great fun, a couple of kids elected to read, and a beat poet showed up, whose style and delivery gave the kids and then everyone else a fit of the giggles. The whole session was full of energy and a shared love of words and my own pieces seemed to go down well.

I'm taking this Friday's session, and having never done it before went along yesterday to see how it's done. Anne did a great job I must say.
I'm also reading at Blackwell's bookshop in Edinburgh on Thursday 14th at 6.15pm. And Colin Will is selling Calder Wood Press pamphlets at the Poetry Pamphlet stall at the Edinburgh Book Festival also this Friday. It is a really great event, with lots of great poets to hear and buy.

I was editing this photograph when this wee poem popped into my head.


Willow Arbour

There's a living arch
in a garden that I know.
Open to the heavens
it weaves shadows,
samples light, describes
a patch of space,
defines a tract
of time. And, like
love,its shelter
is a grace

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great picture and the words go very well with it!

1:49 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That's lovely. Simple, perfect and pure.

2:43 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

That's an arbour and a half!

11:27 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

That's as elegant and lovely as the arbour itself.

2:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that arbour - I wanted to do that with sweet peas this year but never got my act together - mayabe next year (one trifling drawback is that I have nowhere to put a willow arbout, but that doesn't stop me dreaming!)

belleek

5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home