Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween


My writers' group is putting on a Halloween event next week along with friends from a similar group in Dalkeith.

I'm the opening act with my audition piece for being accepted as a fully fledged grumpy old woman.

I've posted it here . Hopefully it will give some of you a laugh.

Something else struck me today. Why are Tescos charging 47p for washed and bagged ordinary carrots, 67p for washed and bagged organic carrots and 97p for unwashed carrots in a brown paper bag?????????????

Sometimes economics defeats me ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Cos the dirt makes them weigh more?

5:15 pm  
Blogger f:lux said...

Oh dear god, I had completely forgotten about using neeps for Hallow'een lanterns! I'm almost shocked about it - when did pumpkins become more readily available? I'm sure I can't remember...

Oh, and what is the difference between the pumpkins labelled 'edible' in supermarkets, and those for decoration, other than the former being twice the price, smaller, and with thinner skins?

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I circulated a link to your Hallowe'en rant round my office. Most people are crying with laughter, so go for it!
Enjoy tonight - I will be lying on the floor in the dark to avoid the guisers!

11:25 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Aw thanks Belle! I just been fixing up the hall, it looks fab. Should be a good night.

2:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dirt is precious and expensive - after all you might scrape it off the carrots and start your own vegetable patch with it! Tesco has to make up for what it might lose out on!

Loved the story - dooking for apples, eh, I remember doing that at birthday parties and hating it! ;-)

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home