Monday, October 08, 2007

AAAAARRRGH


I'm feeling like the white rabbit in Alice, "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date."

Except I'm not, I'm just crowded with too many things, too many projects and too little time to do them in. And I'm bad because I'm gravitating to the ones that I fancy, the ones that engage my imagination and not the drudge of editing pix and burning CDs and posting away submissions.

Tonight I'm going to see a sub-titled Gaelic film, the name of which also escapes me, but it's about a boy is orphaned and goes to live with his grandfather in the Outer Hebrides.

Tomorrow I'm at Poetry School and trying to finish something for there.

Wednesday I'm doing something that I can't even remember right now.

And Thursday I go north to Craigievar, my favourite castle, to work in the garden for the weekend, with my lovely friend Barbara from Skye.(This is a snap of a beautiful acer taken there this time last year. The wind is blowing it around.)

But before all of that I have a huge bag of crab apples from the fantastic Save the Children fair at the weekend that I want to make into beautiful, translucent pink crab apple jelly, and a house and a dog that both need some attention.

And I need to get my son's glasses to him, he left them here last night and I don't want him wearing his contacts too much. Seems he leaves/looses something every week, there must be something in that I feel.

Sorry this is just a stream of consciousness.

I have too many ideas going on in my head, none of which I want to give up on. I thought I would have time to do things, but I now realise that I am actually the problem. Give me an empty anything and I'll fill it. Be it cupboard, pot,camera disk,garden,washing machine,notebook........

I need my head feng shuied, need some tiny minimalist designer to enter my brain cells and clear out all the kitsch, all the rubbish.

Yours in self-oppression

Apprentice

PS Well done Alex Salmond on coining the expression "The Feartie From Fife". Juvenile, but also very apt. Poor Gordon, he really is into self-harm in a big way.

7 Comments:

Blogger David Todd said...

I'm trying to remember that advert where a woman sits down with a big mug of hot chocolate or something and relaxes.
Don't worry it's not long until Friday :-)

9:25 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

That is such a lovely photo. i love the colours.
Calm down and slow down- nothing you have to do is earth shatteringly vital. Don't undo the good your holiday has done. I'm saying this to myself also feeling fraught with a busy week before we go away for a few days. So I resisted the washing of the kitchen curtains - they are real buggers to get down and back up again. I'll calm down if you will:)

11:38 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Cyber and Pi. Yes I know I should slow down, N. keeps trying to give me Latin tips on how to be laid back. Pi step away from those curtains!

12:03 am  
Blogger f:lux said...

Is there ever enough time? Still, it all sounds exciting!

11:10 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I'm getting there. Apples are simmering away with a stick of cinnamon in them. I've buned off several files of RAW negs from the computer and I'be blitzed the kitchen, so slow and steady progress being made!

12:10 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

'burned' even duh!

12:11 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

I read that last comment as 'RAW eggs'!
Ever tried putting a leaf of rose geranium in the crab apple jelly - just put one in the jar as you fill it - tastes like Turkish delight!

11:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home