Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall,Fall,Falling


This is a photograph I took last year of a beautiful Japanese Acer.

I worked in the garden yesterday and I'm feeling it today. So much to tidy up, globe thistles that have gone over, twisted hazel sprouting all kinds of straight "reverted" stems, astrantia that needed cutting before it self-seeds everywhere,and pots of tender things to go back into the greenhouse. Plus I did a little digging, I've taken out masses of day lilies that were over-running part of the long south=facing border. Only trouble with this was I had sciatica all night, as I forgot to use my left foot on the fork, instead of my dodgy right one.

I also had to put off going up north until this weekend as the cottage we use was taken by paying guests. In a way I'm glad as I really didn't feel I had enough energy to get organised for the trip.

I'm not sure if it's the diminishing light, or a hospital check-up and "pink month" hanging over me, but I do feel distinctly knackered at the moment. So here's hoping for more a little energy.

Anyway I'd better get a shift on, as I have a meeting at 4pm re the "big garden" on some autumn work we need to commission and lots to do before then. Thai coconut soup for dinner I think, I love the taste of lemon grass and ginger, and this gray day needs a lift.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful photograph!
And here's sending you lots of virtual energy - I do so hope you will soon be feeling a lot stronger.

2:28 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

gorgeous colors, sugar! and what a haunting soundtrack behind it. sending you good thoughts and strong woman vibes. and lifting my cuppa to ye, missus! ;-)

3:14 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

What beautiful leaves! Enough to brighten a murky day - and I agree about the soup - that is my fav flavour in the colder months too. It's raining and cold here just now - there's the threat of snow. We had a frost the other morning. I am about to go fill a hot water bottle for my feet - a warm bed beckons! Spring ... autumn ... both are cold months at times.

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home