Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Seachd: The inaccessible pinnacle

This is the film I went to see last night. It is a wonderful, spellbinding piece of work.
It is actually based on Skye,not the Outer Hebrides as I had heard, and the photography gives a really truthful depiction of that island, the mist and low clouds, it's not all chocolate box Local Hero type shots here. And the various stories that the grandfather tells his three orphaned grandchildren are mysterious and at times very funny.

The offical site is here - where you can read better crits than mine. But I enjoyed it a lot - it felt more like European cinema than any British film I've seen of late.

I think Sam would love it, her stories are as rich as these.

This is the soundtrack:








+ your site | + in Gaelic

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds really good, I'm going to hunt it down. Thanks for the head's up!

11:49 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I hope it gets worlwide release. There's a big row here about BAFTA failing to put it up for an Oscar nomination.

12:46 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

I never know with what my ears are going to be assailed with when I switch you on. Always lovely!

3:52 pm  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

It sounds brilliant - thanks for the heads up on it. I'm going to seek it out, although that would be helped tremendously if it got the Oscar nod BAFTA doesn't want to see it get. I thought the American Academy could choose films itself without having to run them by the individual countries' academies first.

12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home